Pilgrim is charity owned and operated and we rely on volunteers to sail the vessel and support our professional Skipper and Mate. We are now recruiting volunteer sailing crew for the 2019 season.
Ideally our volunteers have some sailing experience but it is not essential. We provide training for suitable candidates. Candidates for volunteer crew need to be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- Be physically fit
- Be willing to attend training sessions and assessment sailings on weekdays and weekends in March and April
- Be able to commit to scheduling at least two long weekends and two further separate weeks of crewing between April and October
- Be willing to take on other crewing activities including vessel maintenance tasks, helping to serve meals, washing up, housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Be 18 years of age or over. No upper limit for those who are really fit and active. Many of our crew volunteers are energetic retirees with a sense of adventure!
In return we provide:
- Sailing tuition and experience
- All meals during voyages
- Accommodation in our communal crew cabin
- An opportunity to sail the stunning coats of Devon and Cornwall and the chance to go to the Channel islands, Brittany and out to the Isles of Scilly..
- Good company and lots of fresh air
- The satisfaction that you are helping to keep a 124 year old heritage sailing trawler in commission for the benefit of the community today and for generations to come
Pilgrim is the oldest surviving sailing trawler that was built and rigged in Brixham and is a member of the National Historic Fleet.
Applicants need to complete our online registration form here:
If you would prefer an informal discussion first please mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org .uk and provide contact details.
The closing date for applications is 28th February 2019.